Developing Creative Skills in Children
It is not easy for the kids to express themselves. They undergo a gamut of emotions and find it difficult to get suitable words to communicate them. How can the parents help children express and translate what they think, what they remember, and what they envisage, effectively? Simple, reach out for that paper and crayons.
Kids do experience emotions and it may be a difficult task for the parents to assess what is going on in their minds. Helping kids develop creative skills may just give the right answer. Developing creative skills not only helps this way but several other ways too
- Honing fine and gross motor skills: When kids work with various craft time, learn musical instruments or develop drawing skills, they are not only unleashing their potential and creativity, but also doing a great favor to their fingers. Kids develop fine motor skills and learn to do intricate activities, at times much to the chagrin of their parents with creative activities.
- Developing creative skills develop inventiveness: It goes without saying that as the kids go on to fill a blank paper with their imagination of figures and colors, they are not only translating what they think of the world around them but are also honing their creative skills. Such skills make for great painters, musicians, chefs, and even scientists of future.
- Builds confidence: A child who learns to perform dance or drama in front of a crowd, sheds inhibitions of facing large number of unknown people. It shows not only in her creative performances but shapes her gregarious personality as well.
- Learn something new each time: Every time your child picks up the instrument to play or colors to paint, she is thinking of new ways to tap her creative potential. Kids are extremely talented; we should know how to tap them right.
We do understand that creative skills need to be developed in kids, but what are the activities wherein they can make a head start. Read on:
- Drawing and coloring: This is by far one of the earliest and most favorite activities that kids indulge in. Children love splashing blank spaces with colors. Give them paper, colors, brushes and every such thing that you think will help them in drawing and coloring. You can also try getting subscribed to some good website that offers drawing and coloring pages.
- Dramatics: Do not bother whether your child will remember the lines or not. Introduce him/her to dramatics. They will enjoy the process of playing new characters every time and will surely become individuals that are more empathetic, in future.
- Music: Pleasant to ears and also one of the most favorite amongst kids, learning music come in various avatars, whether in vocals or instruments. Give the instrument your child will be comfortable and enjoy playing.
- Dance: Another hot favorite, dance makes for confident and athletic kids. Swaying to rhythmic movements and envisaging the steps, makes for great fun and learning time for them.
- Craft ideas: Kids love making things for their projects. Some children like to make new things with D-I-Y craft ideas. If you find your child interested in them, get her some easy to do D-I-Y projects. She will love them.
Through the help of worksheets,kids learn math easily. Here comes the worksheet that gives ample...
Kids will love learning numbers sequentially with this worksheet that gives ample practice on...