Choosing the Right Toys for Your Preschool Child
There is no denying the fact that toys do make an essential part of growing up for all the toddlers and preschool children. However, the scenario is much different per se, from what is used to be a few decades ago. Now choosing the right toy for your child not only makes more demands on your wallet, but on your time as well. Parents today deliberate much more on the right playthings to buy for their kids (and even for other kids, when gifting them) than what it used to be earlier.
Do not buy anything off the shelf simply because it catches your fancy or you have seen your friends' child playing with it. Riding the bandwagon will not help here. Different children have different needs.
Given below are a few pointers that will help you choose the right toy for your preschool child.
- Take into account the age and the requirements of your child before buying something for him or her. Do not indulge in mindless shopping. Merely because your 8 year old has seen his 3-year-old brother playing with something and is now demanding it, should not be your driving force. There is no dearth of the varieties of playthings available. Check the details and if possible go for a demo of the toys and games before you buy.
- Ensure that the stuff you get for your kid of is of good quality. Many kids, especially toddlers and some preschooler have the habit of putting toys in their mouth. The play items that you buy should be of good quality and not contain materials that may harm your child in any way.
- Guarantee that the chosen gimcracks do not have very small parts or long cords. Kids may harm themselves while playing with items that have such parts. Safeguard your child against such paraphernalia.
- If you are buying any PC game for your kid, they should be devoid of violence or harmful messages. In addition, you should limit the time of such games.
- A good number of sites offer brainteasers, puzzles, and coloring games as well. Expose your child to them. Your kid will not only keep happy but the exercise will even spare you the effort of making frequent trips to the toy store.
- The toy you get for your kid should be easy to use and understand. Too many functions may seem complicated for the kids and they develop little interest in them.
- Do not choose play items with very harsh lights or constantly changing motions. These may in the long run, affect the concentration abilities of your kid.
- Choose the playthings that teach something to the kids in terms of languages, alphabet, counting, gross motor skills, fine motor skills, hand eye coordination, or even music or dance. Such toys not only engage the kids well but also help them learn skills, may be several of them at the same time.
The numbers do not count; make sure that you buy meaningful toys for your kids, however few they may be.
Through the help of worksheets,kids learn math easily. Here comes the worksheet that gives ample...
Kids will love learning numbers sequentially with this worksheet that gives ample practice on...