Choosing the right age for teaching alphabet and number
What should be the ideal age to initiate your kids into learning numbers and letters? Two, two and a half, three….. well, there can be no common answer for all the kids.
Learning is a constant process and more so for the young kids, who are learning new thing each day. For them, exploring the world around them comes naturally. But they pick up on things that they see around them. What happens when parents start teaching them, letters or numbers? It is not something that the kids may understand the need for learning, yet see their parents pretty much enthusiastic in making them do so.
Though there is no fixed age for making your child start learning all these, gauging the preparedness of your child, cognitively and mentally will help. Do remember, not all kids are same. Your child may show more or less enthusiasm than expected when you start on the exercise.
A few tips may just make the learning process easier.
- Do not make learning a rote process for your child: When you make your kid starts learning numbers or letters, make sure you start in a fun and engaging way. Do not make a very formal environ for him. You can start by telling him about numbers with the veggies or fruits in the house. The name of each of his toy can tell him about alphabet.
- Do not hurry up: Do not torture your child simply because you feel the other kids in the vicinity of similar age know more than your kid. Have faith in the learning capability of your kid. Even if he shows little interest and his learning is not going about as you had wished, do not get impatient and put pressure on the child.
- Engage your child in meaningful and educating games: Make sure whatever games your child plays should be teaching him something worthwhile. Play as far as possible new games so that he looks forward to learning something new every time.
- Online learning will help: A kid friendly website that caters to the learning needs of the kids in enjoyable and attractive away will help. Your child will not only learn numbers, alphabets, but also colors, drawing, coring, fruits, vegetables etc.
- Make sure you instill a habit of reading. Introducing kids to good colorful books and especially storybooks at bedtime is a must. Kids will not only learn new things but will also develop a habit of reading.
- Have realistic goals: do not plan to teach your kid all the letters of alphabet in a month's time! Try to see this knowledge process from the point of view of your child. Plan according to your child's learning abilities.
Kids are avid learners and learn better in stress-free environs. It is important that those who teach the kids are in a happy frame of mind themselves. Do not try too hard here or the entire effort may just collapse. Take your time and give your child enough of it. Your child will surely marvel you with his/her aptitude.
Through the help of worksheets,kids learn math easily. Here comes the worksheet that gives ample...
Kids will love learning numbers sequentially with this worksheet that gives ample practice on...